Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Financial Analyst, Acquisitions is responsible for business combination accounting, including identification of fair value adjustments and purchase consideration reconciliation and acquisition related external audit requirements.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Acquisitions will work with various finance and cross functional groups within Open Text, and with the finance staff of the acquired company, to ensure accuracy of opening balance sheet as well as subsequent financial reporting.
You are great at:
• Assist in financial due diligence. Review and analyze the draft purchase and sale agreement and provide inputs on accounting implications
• Assist Legal and Corporate Development team to review the draft flow of fund (purchase price) documents and provide inputs on accounting implications
• Analyze and conclude on the purchase consideration in accordance to ASC 805. Apply ASC 805 accounting guidance and prepare purchase price allocation workbook; ensure completeness and accuracy of fair value and policy difference adjustments, ensure appropriate audit trail of the applicable working papers and supporting documentations
• Write the technical accounting memos related to the business combination, purchase consideration, and opening balance sheet
• Plan and manage the external opening balance sheet audit with the external auditors
• Assist the Director, Valuations and Transaction Support in providing the required supporting schedules and documentation to support the valuations performed by 3rd party
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Corporate Development, Legal, HR, Tax, Controllership etc. to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the opening balance sheet for the measurement period
• Work closely with the acquisition integration team to ensure the accuracy of post-acquisition financial reporting as well as smooth integration activities
What it takes:
• 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Experience in M&A activities.
• Highly developed professional/technical skills are needed to perform the job.
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Experience in a public accounting firm
• CPA/CA and Bachelor in Business Administration or equivalent in education and/or work experience
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.