Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Analyst is a member of the Product Management group within the Open Text Products organization and is responsible for such key outcomes as:
Acting as a key liaison to suppliers and a senior representative of Open Text in business negotiations with third parties.
• Developing a strong working understanding of Open Text customer needs, how those needs are addressed by the company’s offerings, and the gaps and opportunities that may warrant the inclusion of third party technology to fulfill customer requirements or a solution value proposition.
• Ensuring that prospective and continued usage of third party technologies abide by the company’s acceptable use policies and satisfy the company’s tolerance with respect to commercial, Intellectual Property (IP), contractual, and operational risk.
• Helping internal stakeholders to create compelling buy vs. build business cases for third party technologies.
• Helping to negotiate and execute agreements with third party suppliers with business terms that meet organizational cost and return objectives.
• Managing the ongoing relationship between the company and third party suppliers and ensuring the obligations of the parties are properly fulfilled.
• Proactively monitoring the supplier landscape and recommending appropriate internal responses to market developments such as acquisitions of suppliers and changes in product or strategic direction.
• Managing and optimizing the portfolio of supplier agreements in alignment with corporate interests.
As part of an extended virtual team, the Analyst, Global Third Party Technology, collaborates extensively with other parties within the organization to achieve the responsibilities of the position. Examples of expected collaboration include the following:
• Providing guidance to business sponsors on how best to structure relationships with third parties.
• Helping business owners and product owners to formalize the business and technical justifications supporting the use of third party technologies, and, when appropriate, encouraging diligence in exploring alternatives.
• Working with Product Managers to effectively onboard and/or transition the use of third party technologies in accordance with product lifecycle management practices.
• Working with Finance and other groups as necessary to establish metrics and ensure the validity of data to report the status/performance of third parties relative to corporate benchmarks.
• Working with Legal to ensure that third party relationships and use all third party technologies comply with the governing principles and policies as established by the company.
• Building strong operational partnerships with cross-functional constituents within Sales and Customer Support.
What it takes:
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org