OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The OpenText FirstClass technical team is currently searching for a technically dynamic and resourceful individual who has the ability to provide exceptional technical customer support in a challenging and rewarding environment. The incumbent will be joining a team that provides world class technical customer support to a variety of enterprise customers while working across business units to ensure that customer satisfaction is met in every form. Their focus will be supporting the FirstClass product line within complex customer environments, to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
The successful candidate will be working in a highly functioning team consisting of Technical Analysts and Senior Technical Analysts that work effectively together to reach a common goal.
You are great at:
• Representing OpenText acting as first point of contact for all technical inquiries regarding Open Text FirstClass and its integration into external environments.
• Utilizing exceptional written and verbal communication skills while supporting customers via web, telephone, or email, while demonstrating a high level of customer focus and empathy
• Meeting established service delivery guidelines and key performance indicators that are measured through customer satisfaction surveys, ticket based activities, and schedule adherence.
• Showing an understanding of the customer environment and product enabling resolution of complex technical issues and providing alternative support options which may not be related to OpenText products directly.
• Acting as a key point of contact for customer follow up and incident management, while maintaining FirstClass products with updates and resolution.
• Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues with a variety of resources including development to document software defects and customer suggestions.
• Contributing to the knowledge base by authoring and editing articles to share current information with team members.
• Using professional/technical knowledge, guided by known practices and established precedents, make decisions within defined parameters to impact schedules and deliverables of the project/function.
• Working under general guidance with results reviewed periodically, seeking approval from others on matters outside of job or role as needed.
What it takes:
- working knowledge of the LDAP protocol: objectClasses, OUs, attributes, authentication, queries
- Ability to work with several operating systems, including Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux
- working knowledge of Apache, MySQL, PHP, phpMyAdmin, FTP server (vsftpd) - resource files' locations, configuration options, syntax, daemon control commands
- knowledge of how an email system works
- networking, routing, ability to diagnose and troubleshoot connection problems
- VMware ESXi host and guest + vSphere Client experience
- experience with SonicWALL firewall and Email Security spam filter
- previous exposure to remote access applications (pcAnywhere, VNC) and VPN client software
- resourcefulness and ability to do independent research and obtain results quickly
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.