ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Senior Technical Analyst will provide accurate and timely systems level expertise to standard systems level customer issues. The Senior Technical Analyst will work support issues that are complex in nature and carry varying priority levels based on set standards and are expected to manage appropriately. The Senior Technical Analyst will work with internal and external customers to identify and resolve issues with differing complexity while ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction. The customers are enterprise level support technicians and will expect the STA to be very well-versed technically, have a high level understanding of the products, and provide enterprise-level support. Do to the often complex nature of the product and issue, the Senior Technical Analyst is expected to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues.
You are great at:
- Performing support primarily via the telephone and E-mail for internal and external customers
- Researching, resolving, and recording all levels of product related questions and issues from customers within given support guidelines
- Effectively communicating procedural and routine technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment
- Working with major software/hardware vendor support methodology and procedures.
- Performing in-depth analysis of customer issues to help determine causes, workarounds, and solutions
- Reacting quickly to interrupt driven workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Timely monitoring and tracking of service tickets to include status updates at regular intervals
- Working with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Engineering in testing fixes for product resolution
- Writing technical documents for both the OpenText communities and knowledge base
- Working with new hires and Technical Analysts to coach and train on policies and procedure
What it takes:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a technical role
- Requires strong internal and external customer interaction skills via phone and e-mail to ensure the highest customer satisfaction while maintaining service level objectives.
- Strong technical skills working with Linux and/or Microsoft Windows OS/Server
- Knowledge in networking and databases
- Ability to install, configure and maintain two or more operating systems (Windows, RedHat Linux , AIX, Solaris, HP/UX).
- Ability to install, configure and maintain one or more relational databases (Oracle, SQL*Server, Sybase, DB2), or programming experience and thorough understanding of at least 1 programming language or development technology (J2EE, .NET, VB, JSP)
- Fundamental understanding of Java and knowledge of at least one Java Applications Server (preferably JBoss).
- Thorough understanding of N-Tiers Architecture. Basic understanding of Object Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with security drivers such as Kerberos and SSO
- As a 24x7x365 organization; shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org