OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The Opportunity:
Open Text Exstream is a vibrant software development organization that provides a multichannel customer communication management (CCM) solution that is proven to improve the customer experience and make customer interactions more profitable. It allows business users to create the communications for connected customer journeys using the delivery formats and channels customers prefer – including email, web and mobile.
We are looking for talented Software Development Engineers to join the OpenText Exstream Product Development organization as a Software Development Engineer in our Quality Assurance organization. In this role you will have the opportunity to contribute to either our highly successful Customer Communication Management suite of software or new, innovative, and exciting products we constantly introduce to the marketplace. In this role, you will use your development and testing skills to engage across the entire software lifecycle of these products—from design, to development, and through release—using a variety of languages.
We are an agile development team with close collaboration across development, quality assurance, documentation, and project management. If you like the idea of developing industry leading products, this is your opportunity to join our journey.
You are great at:
• Responsible for developing test strategy and execution of that strategy employing existing tools when they exist and creating new tools when they don’t.
• Responsible for testing new features including writing and executing test plans, and environment setup and configuration.
• Responsible for bugs reporting, tracking, and verification.
• Responsible for leveraging technical research of state-of-the-art testing tools to design and create an in-house testing framework.
• Responsible for automating manual tests to improve the product testability and the quality of testing.
• Responsible for continued process improvements.
What it takes:
Knowledge and Skills – Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent track record of delivering quality software development projects to spec and on time using repeatable development processes
• Strong proficiency in at least one common development language (C/C++, Java, .Net, Python)
• Advanced knowledge of test management processes and technical skills including test requirement analysis, and test scenario design and implementation.
• Excellent communication skills
• Outstanding organization and planning skills, and strong attention to detail
Knowledge and Skills – Preferred
• Experience using the following software development tools ():
• Experience with performance testing methodologies and tools
• Experience with security testing methodologies and tools
• Experience with multiple platforms (Unix, Windows)
• Experience with multiple database products (SQL Server, DB2)
• Experience with multiple web server products (WebSphere, Tomcat)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.