Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Director of Worldwide Communications will be responsible for advancing the OpenText brand through the successful development and execution of an integrated global communications strategy that articulates the OpenText story – The Information Company, enabling intelligent and connected enterprises that inspire new ways to work.
Responsibilities include worldwide PR, corporate social media, executive communications and brand journalism. Must be possess strong skills in the development of message rich narratives that reinforce the brand, media relations strategies, creative collaboration strategies, and executive thought leadership.
The qualified candidate will be a driven and hands-on senior leader with a successful track record of building and leading global communications teams with experience in OpenText core markets: North America (USA and Canada); EMEA (including UK, France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands) and APJ (Japan, Singapore, Australia)
Based at the OpenText U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, CA and reports to the SVP, Communication & Brand, OpenText.
You are great at:
• Executing corporate, technology and brand-lead public relations campaigns.
• Aligning global PR and social media strategies and tactics with the strategic marketing plan, corporate and executive thought leadership, business strategy and brand vision.
• Creating compelling stories and narratives that that will capture the interest and attention of reporters to ignite conversations and amplify the brand, as well as shape the positioning and messaging of company initiatives, announcements and issues.
• Leading and inspiring a diverse team:
o PR Team - Three PR leads – Canada, US and International (EMEA & APJ). PR leads in each region are driving corporate PR, proactive campaigns and reactive responses directly with the press, and through agency support in key markets.
o Social Media – Three-person team that drives the corporate social media strategy that increases brand awareness through a compelling brand narrative across social media channels and influencer relations and brand ambassador programs.
o Executive Communications/Brand Journalism – Three-person team that drives the development of executive thoughts leadership blogs, by-lined articles, social activity, etc. Building out a brand publishing strategy that incorporates blogs, news, contributed and external content to showcase OpenText, it’s brand, leadership, customers/partners and innovation.
• Managing and partnering with OpenText’s global agencies – Lewis PR, Hotwire PR, StratAmp PR and Hoffman PR to drive thought leadership and brand awareness.
• Engaging with C-level stakeholders, including the development of high impact thought leadership programs.
• Owning all North American press activity; day-to-day ownership of core Brand Canada initiative and USA awareness campaigns, ownership of key Canadian/US business/national media.
• Building and maintaining relationships with the core business and national reporters in Canada and the US, including close ties with Bay Area and tech-business journalists
• Defining, planning and implementing integrated corporate and technology PR and social programs, with a specific focus on OpenText brand, business, technology and Executive Thought-Leadership
• Developing and executing innovative and engaging communications plans within set time, budget, and resource constraints.
• Measuring and reporting results of all programs to the senior leadership team. Communicate risks and dependencies in a timely manner.
What it takes:
• 12+ years of proven, in-house and/or agency experience in executing corporate, technology and brand-lead public relations campaigns as a hands-on senior communications professional
• An experienced hands-on PR professional who can think strategically and execute tactically. A self-starter and someone who is comfortable working with senior, cross-functional teams.
• Excellent (and current) relationships with leading business/national reporters in USA
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, and a solid track record of excellence in developing and executing corporate public relations
• Very strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to interact with individuals and groups, spanning all organizational levels.
• Strong and committed work ethic and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• A high level of energy, commitment and enthusiasm to take on complex, challenging situations in a dynamic organization; and the ability to envision, articulate and realize both process and program improvements within the communications dept.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12 years of corporate PR experience - ideally with in-house Enterprise Software company or high-tech PR agency
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act