Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Project Manager will work as a member of the Corporate IT PMO team, supporting the IT Corporate Portfolio. This role is responsible for supporting the project management methodology and the successful execution of projects across the company.
This role provides project management support related to requirement capture, design, implementation, custom solution development, consultation, deployment, support services and administrative activities. Responsible for management of resources and tasks from scoping, planning, and execution, to deployment, acceptance and transition. Ensure all requirements are met and projects will be delivered successfully on time and on budget.
You are great at:
• Developing the overall project management strategy and working with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans
• Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals
• Monitoring day-to-day activities of the project team and ensure work is progressing as planned. Work with project team and actively be involved in the work
• Managing schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
• Ensuring that all legal and regulatory requirements are adhered to and that the project is completed and implemented on time.
• Effectively communicating with project stakeholders to ensure information and resources are provided on schedule and to ensure commitments are maintained.
• Actively monitoring project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
• Communicating and documenting project status and strategic recommendations to stakeholders, team members and Steering Committee on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
• Driving and following project management discipline and best practices, communicate effectively and provide leadership to project teams with integrity and commitment
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 5-8 years of demonstrated success in managing IT projects across multiple systems, of varying degrees of complexity
• 5+ years of experience in a professional IT setting
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different project teams
• Deep understanding and awareness of product development and experience tying product goals to business goals
• Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Experience managing geographically dispersed delivery teams
• Strong knowledge of PMLC or SDLC
• Competencies in MS Office, MS Project, bug tracking, wiki and other related project management and common communications tools is required
• Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP, Prince2) or certificate in Project Management highly desired
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.