Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Working in the Global Information Security team, the Privacy Risk Lead will be expected to understand a wide array of IT security controls, processes and concepts. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the Global Data Privacy Rules (GDPR) in EMEA, and in other applicable locales around the globe. The Privacy Risk Lead will provide extensive support for data protection risk assessments in support of GDPR requirements. This will include conducting security and data protection risk assessments, reviewing information systems and conducting data impact assessments against those systems, completing risk reviews and quantifying risks, and developing risk treatment plans. This is a hands-on role that will require detailed knowledge of security concepts, risk models, security controls, security audits and other common IT security domain concepts.
The candidate must possess superior communication skills and the ability to articulate information security concepts and controls in support of our customers.
You are great at:
• Understanding security risk in relation to Global Data Privacy Rules (GDPR) in EMEA, and in other applicable locales
• Leading efforts on behalf of the Global Information Security (GIS) team to service and support risk management initiatives
• Conducting security reviews, risk analysis, and controls reviews in adherence to GDPR laws and Open Text security policy.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or similar degree, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Global Data Privacy Rules (GDPR), laws, and emerging legislation.
• 5+ years security risk management, security compliance or security governance
• Understanding of security controls, and risk management frameworks and models is a must.
• Specific security control framework knowledge of ISO27001, SOX, PCI, SOC1 & SOC2 is desired
• Familiar with commonly used information security concepts, best practices, and standard procedures
• Must be able to evaluate and apply concepts of risk management and prioritization models for security related risk items
• Must be able to apply concepts of security policies and controls in evaluating risk
• Capable of working under pressure in a continually changing environment
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.