ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Reporting to the Director, US Taxation, the Manager, US Taxation will become a member of a global tax department responsible for corporate income tax compliance, planning, and accounting for income taxes for the United States.
The Open Text Tax Department is charged with the responsibility to create value by;
You are great at:
- Deferring cash or reducing cash taxes
- Ensuring timely and accurate tax compliance and accounting
- Manage and balance tax risks
- US corporate tax compliance – this will include preparation/review of US income tax returns/extensions/quarterly tax installments for separate entities and consolidated groups (or coordinating with third party tax advisors to get returns completed), coordinating with US controllers and other internal departments to gather the necessary information required to prepare the returns
- Preparation of other required tax forms (Annual reports, business license, W-8/W-9 forms)
- Preparation of the ASC 740 (FAS109) tax provision calculation for the US Companies, including interaction with outside financial statement auditors
- Reconciliation of income tax accounts
- Managing and coordinating tax projects
- Research and documentation of income tax accounting methods, tax positions and processes
- Support and ensure SOX compliance
- Prepare responses to notices received from governmental agencies to resolve any disputed issues
- Keep up to date on tax law changes and their organizational impact
- Assist the Director, US Taxation with IRS and state income tax audits
- Assist Director, US Taxation with due diligence on potential acquisition targets
- Assist with any other special projects assigned by Director, US Taxation