OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The Opportunity:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Risk and Special Projects, you will work together with the various business lines to identify and plan to reduce the Company’s overall risk exposure. As a result, this position requires you to work across a variety of knowledge areas including Business Continuity, Enterprise Risk Management, Investigations and Compliance; manage and communicate with stakeholders by growing and delivering consistent, quality expertise in these areas in support of the Company. The position requires flexibility and agility as there are a variety of activities required of this role related to business continuity and resiliency, risk, investigations and reporting that will be assigned.
You are great at:
Business Continuity and Resiliency Management (60%)
- Gaining an understanding of our key products and services to inform our business continuity program.
- Facilitating, overseeing and enhancing the organization’s global Business Continuity and Resiliency Corporate Program
- Ensuring business resiliency supporting all critical products and services
- Coordination of the Business Continuity Team response to disasters and emergencies from planning through to recovery
- Developing, facilitating and communicating enterprise–wide event BCP testing and exercises
- Maintaining and enhancing corporate BCP policy, standards and guidelines
- Guiding and directing staff with responsibilities for Business Continuity to ensure their business continuity processes are in alignment with the organization’s business continuity management program and quality standards
- Supporting Emergency Management response (rotationally)
- Providing BCP and Emergency training for global BCP needs
- Interfacing with IT and facilitating yearly Corporate-wide Business Impact Analysis and communicating with IT regarding IT DR requirements including monitoring of DR testing
- Understanding externally imposed regulations and standards, and address them through BCP-related initiatives and Business Continuity compliance services
- Mitigating corporate loss in an emergency and to oversee a planned recovery after a disaster
- Integrating acquisitions into the BCP program as needed.
- Interacting with our customer-facing associates to assess external business continuity customer compliance needs and translating them into internal compliance plans
- Conducting Business Continuity tests in accordance with customer agreements
- Representing Business Continuity for all external audits
Enterprise Risk (20%)
- Assisting in defining and building an enterprise risk assessment framework and process
- Together with the Senior Manager, Risk and Special Projects, synthesizing enterprise information to provide business leadership with an up-to-date understanding of the overall risks affecting the organization
- Facilitating discussions with management to identify and address high priority risks
- Performing risk assessment interviews with management on an engagement basis
- Outside the context of internal audits, monitoring throughout the year management’s actions on the risk assessment and developing reports for senior management and the board.
- Perform investigations
- Other duties as required