OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The opportunity:
Are you passionate about what you do? Do you believe the workplace can be a competitive advantage for an organization? Are you committed to delivering the best workplace experience for end users day in and day out? Are you an advocate for progressive workplace design, understand and can communicate the value proposition? Are you both a strong leader and team player? Do you have experience successfully managing new office fit out and renovation projects? Do you excel in a fast paced and high growth environment? If so we have an exciting career opportunity for you at OpenText. Reporting to the VP, Global Real Estate & Facilities the Director, Americas Facilities is responsible for overseeing facilities management for OpenText owned and leased buildings across Canada, the US and Latin America. You are great at:
- Oversee all facilities functions and strategies aimed at improving operational practices across the Region and at the local office level.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and performance management to employees directly reporting, including mentoring, coaching and training, etc.
- Manage and coordinate construction services for new offices, renovations and restructuring activities including move planning.
- Provide local insight into space planning initiatives to ensure that office space is being utilized effectively and recommendations for lease terminations/renewals as appropriate.
- Financial management of the budgets (Opex and Capex) including the development of yearly operating budgets and Capital project planning. Fiscal tracking of expenditures and variance reporting.
- Ensure offices are maintained in accordance with health and safety legislation, building codes, fire code, by ensuring proper work practices are followed and preventative maintenance programs implemented. Conduct periodic reviews to ensure service providers are performing against standards.
- Consult with senior clients on a regular basis to ensure the workplace is maintained at a high standard that encourages collaboration and the highest level of productivity.
- Participate in Business Continuity Planning for offices and develop emergency procedures to deal with known or anticipated crises situations, including maintaining Office Status Hotlines
- Working knowledge of the following applications is required: Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Centerstone/Manhattan (IWMS) AutoCAD or other similar design program