OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Channel Development Managers are tasked with establishing effective relationships with and deep understanding of their assigned business unit (Business Network, Enterprise, CEM, Discovery or Portfolio) and/or assigned territory (APJ, Americas or EMEA) so they can effectively identify, build and execute key go-to-market programs intended to develop and grow channel revenue. Additionally, Channel Development Managers play a key role in the recruitment and activation of new channel partners, ensuring the organization is working with value-add committed partners in each business unit and region, as well as ensure new partners are effectively onboarded into the Global Partner Program.
You are great at:
- Establish strong working relationships with assigned business unit resources such as Sales VPs and Directors, Product Marketing and Product Management Directors, Partner Account and Partner Desk Managers, etc.
- Build a deep understanding of products, challenges, priorities, opportunities, go-to-market approach, etc. for assigned business unit and/or territory
- Identify channel opportunities within assigned business unit and work with internal contacts to collect content, design, develop and execute go-to-market programs to drive incremental revenue
- Recognize gaps in essential content and resources and engage with internal teams to address high priority requirements
- Plan and execute partner workshops to support the continued development of Partner knowledge, skills and abilities in relation to assigned business unit products and solutions and go-to-market programs
- Ensure assigned internal and partner contacts are aware of and follow channel processes and rules of engagement to avoid possible channel conflict
- Design, analyze and maintain regional and business unit partner coverage matrixes
- Leverage partner coverage matrixes, governance reports and dashboards to measure compliance and success of assigned business unit
- Research, qualify and screen prospective partners who request to join the GPP
- Complete business justification reviews and intake calls with partner prospects; review partner candidates with the Channels and Alliances Regional VP and business unit Sales VP to cooperatively determine if there is a fit within the OpenText partner ecosystem
- Facilitate transition of approved partner candidates to proper Partner Desk Manager contact and/or Partner Account Manager
- Conduct a quarterly touch-base with newly onboarded Partners to ensure program compliance and evaluate success
- Build relationships with key committed partners (for assigned business unit) to capture go-to-market plans (business plans) and connect them to appropriate go-to-market programs to drive revenue growth
- Regular engagement with partners through the Partner Community
- Complete monthly tough-base with RVPs to provide visibility and status updates on the programs in development
- Act as an ambassador for all GPP programs; regular communications with assigned business unit and assigned territory (if assigned) to ensure awareness of programs and requirements, maximizing participation in programs such as OpenText Elite™, Market Development Funds (MDF), etc.
What it takes:
Systems and Tools
- Microsoft Office applications
- Web conferencing (i.e. GlobalMeet, WebEx, Skype, etc.)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years channel experience
- 5+ years developing multifaceted programs
- Experience building business relationships with executive level and channel partners contacts
- Listening and communication (written and verbal)
- Effective presentation development and delivery
- Project management and organization
- Creative problem-solver
- Portfolio awareness
- Strong understanding of what partners need to be successful
- Marketing tools, resources, and campaigns
- Channel partner processes
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.