ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The mission of Internal Audit & Compliance Services (“IACS”) is to contribute to the ongoing effectiveness of OpenText Corporation (the "Company") in the accomplishment of its mission and vision. In particular, Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Company's operations and systems of internal controls. Compliance Services provides support for compliance activities to meet the Company’s customer obligations. This mandate includes facilitating Business Continuity Planning for the Company’s critical operations.
Reporting to the Manager, BCP, Risk and Special Projects, you will work together with the various business lines to identify and reduce the Company’s overall risk exposure. This position requires you to work across a variety of knowledge areas; manage and communicate with stakeholders by growing and delivering consistent, quality business continuity and risk-based knowledge in support of the Company.
You are great at:
Business Continuity and Resiliency Management (60%)
- Work with the Manager, Business Continuity, Risk & Special Projects to assist in coordinating business continuity governance activities
- Gain an understanding of our key products and services to inform our business continuity program
- Support continuity planning and emergency management, by assisting in the development and facilitation of Company–wide event exercises
- Support staff with responsibilities for Business Continuity to align with the overall business continuity management program and quality standards
- Assist in providing BCP and Emergency training for global BCP needs
- Support the yearly Company-wide Business Impact Analysis
- Interact with our customer-facing associates to assess external customer compliance needs, and translate them into internal compliance plans.
- Receive, research, respond to and report on BCP-related customer compliance requests
Enterprise Risk (10%)
- Develop familiarity with the Code of Conduct and all Company policies
- Support internal investigations working with legal and Internal Audit staff both directly and on a pooled basis, performing interviews designed by a senior member of the team under the guidance of a senior and reporting on the results.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Prepare detailed investigation reports.
- Support the development and delivery of the Company’s enterprise risk management process
- Work with Management to identify and assess how best to address high priority risks.
- Perform risk assessment interviews with management, under the direction of senior team members.
- Support the development of reports destined for audit management, business management and the board.
What it takes:
Business Continuity, Investigations and/or Compliance experience
Knowledge and understanding of international BCM standards such as DRI or ISO
A related designation such as CISA, CISSP, CRISC or CBCP (if does not have one, should expect to pursue)
Generally requires university degree
2-5 years minimum overall related experience
Developing familiarity with the COSO control framework and COBIT
Good report writing, communication and presentation skills
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Works with a sense of professional curiosity and skepticism
Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding items of a confidential/sensitive nature
Up to 20% travel may be required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org