ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating enterprise information needs, on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
As a Software Engineer, you will utilise your knowledge, skills, and experience to perform product design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. You will be working with the Front End of our Process Suite application development platform.
You are Great at:
- Producing high quality code according to design specifications.
- Detailing technical design of complex software components.
- Analysing, troubleshooting, and fixing of complex code defects.
- Proposing creative solutions or alternatives balancing risk, complexity, and effort to meet requirements.
- Leading software design/code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to company standards.
- Mentoring other team members.
- Working across teams and functional roles to ensure interoperability among other products, including training and consultation.
- Participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- In depth knowledge of web technologies, mobile would be beneficial
- Expertise in Java, J2SE, J2EE would be beneficial
- Understanding of designing applications and platform for web and mobile consumption
- Strong hands-on experience with building enterprise applications
- Commercial experience in DB tools and frameworks
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our agile development processes
- Maintenance of up-to-date documentation on processes and code
- Experience working with groups of people across several geographies
- Excellent communication and time management skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, colour, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com