ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating enterprise information needs, on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
OpenText is seeking a Learning Services Consultant/Trainer for the Learning Services department. The role of Trainer is dedicated to providing a consultative approach to delivering informative training and support on all aspects of EIM software to our Customers. You must be a good team player but also be able to work on your own initiative building up and maintaining good relationships with your clients. The position is located in Reading, UK, but will involve travel to client sites where you will be provide training and consultancy to users of our software.
You are Great at:
- Customer focused, lively and confident at talking to groups of people
- Delivering classroom training to educate OpenText EIM Customers
- Being responsibility for the full training cycle from training needs analysis and designing informative yet engaging training material through to the delivery of the learning solution
- Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis and evaluation of skills
- Possess strong initiative skills together with imaginative/consultative approach
- Ability to deliver technical training to a non-technical audience
- Proven track record in software application training / implementation with the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of instructional material for custom employee training courses that support company products, processes and best practices
- Effectively utilizes multimedia technology and authoring tools
- Collaborative working and communication
- Organised and responsible for own time management, maximising the amount of time delivering training to customers
- Working with the Learning Services content management team to stay abreast of new product features / functionality/launches and determine needs of product training courses and appropriate method of delivery
- Working cooperatively with other departments including Software Services, Sales, Marketing and Service.
- Working closely with partners to ensure all software knowledge is current and the relationships are collaborative
What it takes:
- 5+ years experience in a teaching/coaching or equivalent leadership role
- 7+ years experience in Software Development environment working with different roles and functions.
- Experience of managing certification process and contributing to the updating of content and online learning
- Excellent presentation, writing and verbal skills for communicating complex information clearly.
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills for building relationships across many different cultures and dealing with many different roles and levels within a large organization.
- Able to use experience and knowledge to provide practical and effective advice and guidance for dealing with a wide range of situations and challenges.
- Computer Science Degree or 5-7 years in a technical environment.
- Experienced with Windows and Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of EIM/RM/CEM applications
- Experience of working with any type of software - Knowledge of EIM/RM/CEM applications desired
- Desire to learn
- Driver's licence (ideally clean) with ability to travel throughout the UK
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org