The Global Workplace Security and Safety Team is a specialized team dedicated to the security and safety of OpenText’s global employees, physical and information assets. To support OpenText’s business operations, the team develops security programs by focusing on reducing security risks and improving security in all OpenText environments.
We are looking for a Manager, Workplace Security & Safety EMEA, to help build a Global Security & Safety Management Program.
The Manager, Workplace Security & Safety, EMEA will be based in our Reading, UK, office.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Global Workplace Security & Safety, the Manager, Workplace Security & Safety, is responsible for developing and maintaining physical security, health and safety and incident management programs for OpenText offices within the EMEA region. In this capacity, the Manager Workplace Security & Safety for EMEA is required to have a strong strategic approach to the development of these programs and maximizes the value of centralized services. As part of the Global Security Team, the Manager works collaboratively with, assists and supports other team members in delivering any additional security support to OpenText core businesses.
As Manager, Workplace Security & Safety EMEA, you will be the subject matter expert. Critical to this is the development and maintenance of relationships and partnerships with all senior location stakeholders within the region to enhance existing security/safety programs and awareness.
You are great at:
• Manages the assessment of all potential security risks in the region and manage appropriate solutions to mitigate those risks.
• Ensures that the security of offices occupied by OpenText, is effective and maintained at the highest level consistent with Global Security Standards.
• Oversight of security at key corporate events across the region as required
• Coordinate with functional groups to deliver and manage travel security and event security programs.
• Develop and implement global best practices for the conduct of training and awareness programs regarding physical security and Safety.
• Ensure that security technology across the region is implemented in accordance with Global Security’s Standards and strategy.
• Coordinate and execute approved physical security-related projects
• Lead threat assessments, risk assessments, and/or recommend operational and physical mitigation measures to any OpenText office in the region with the need to travel occasionally to visit such offices
• Manage outsourced security relationships, liaising with approved vendors to ensure that specified duties are carried out, contractual obligations are met and corporate standards are maintained
• Ensure compliance with SLA/KPI’s in place with security contractors and partners
• Keeping up to date with the current threat assessment status at all times advising the Senior Director Global Security of any significant changes in the alert status and developing appropriate standard security response scenarios for various states of alert
• Investigate, interview, obtain witness reports, and prepare incident reports for Theft, Loss, and non-security related incidents (e.g. Safety incident)
• Maintain relationships with external agencies (e.g. police, emergency services, etc.) to ensure early notification of incidents/events which may impact the business and that this information is disseminated internally to enable necessary contingencies to be invoked
• Conduct/coordinate safety training, develop emergency response procedures and spearhead Safety Committees.
• Build local expertise in health and safety with site management or regional Human Resources professionals.
• Assist the Senior Manager of Business Continuity in advising the business units on preparing specific Business Continuity Plans.
• As a member of the Emergency Response Core Team, assist the Business Continuity/Crisis Management Team during any emergency/crisis situation.
• Administer, manage and provide advice on security and fire life safety with direct reference to the OpenText Global Security and Safety Policies, achieving this through conducting risk assessments; Reviewing security and fire life safety operations and implement improvements to ensure efficient and effective operations; Ensuring emergency plans are in place and training provided to employees to ensure operational readiness and effective emergency management;
• Provide advice and assistance in the instruction of Emergency Team training
• Manage and support regional security incidents and emergency events affecting OpenText operation.
• Providing input to the annual budget/forecasting process, working closely with the Senior Director Global Security.
• Preparing and providing a monthly security operations report and other ad-hoc reports