ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
OpenText is looking for an office based QA Technician for its Preston business unit. The QA Technician is responsible for continuously improving our quality assurance activities across the Freeway software engineering teams covering multiple products. This includes automated testing, manual testing, assessing test coverage, as well as interfacing with other stakeholders to coordinate and communicate QA-related topics such as client feedback, functional requirements and various compliance topics.
You are great at:
• Testing software applications within an Agile test environment
• Working together with Product Management and development teams from new requirements to delivering a tested release
• Assessing and managing test coverage and quality levels of existing components, identifying gaps, deriving plans from that, and putting them into action
• Coordinating product QA activities, report on progress and quality levels.
• Act as the point of contact for Engineering Management, Support and Delivery Teams in an international setup for QA
What it takes:
• BS degree in computer science or equivalent
• 1- 2 years of experience in software quality assurance (functional as well as non-functional)
• Knowledge of Java, JavaSript, JQuery, Ajax, CSS, modern UI frameworks, as well as test automation
• Experience in architecting, using, and leading development of automation frameworks
• Experience with IT security standards (e.g. ISO 27001) and compliance in software engineering would be a plus
• Excellent communication skills in English
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com