ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Recommind eDiscovery offering at Opentext is an acknowledged market leader in the growing market for electronic information collection, review and production for a legal discovery process. Our customer list is a veritable Who’s Who of global law firms and also many Fortune 100 companies that are household names in industries such as financial services, consumer goods, etc. Based on leading-edge text analytics and machine learning technology, our eDiscovery is provided as a SaaS application on Amazon Web Services and as a managed service on other clouds.
We are seeking a senior leader to guide the Cloud Orchestration Team that builds automation tools to deploy and administer application services, the US Technical Services Team that technically supports application operations and the Cloud SysOps Team that provides infrastructure-level IT support specific to our eDiscovery application. In this role you will report to the global VP of Products and be responsible for delivery of complex SaaS application across 6 data centers in US, Canada and UK with high availability, security, scalability and cost efficiency.
You are great at:
• Defining and reporting on KPIs and SLAs around stability, performance, automation, service requests and cost per unit delivered
• Instituting and/or refining core processes of IT operations (release/change management, problem, incident, capacity, assets, knowledge) and drives alignment with OpenText IT standards
• Gathering and prioritizing key "operability" requirements for applications (e.g. ease of deployment, configuration and operations, stability and resiliency, scalability, hardware requirements, ...), based on insights from Problem Management
• Working with Product Management and counterparts in software development to prioritize operational features in the software release cycle , while also giving development teams the highest possible exposure to the production use of their components (in a DevOps model)
• Working with Professional Services to allow customization of environments for specific customers, while ensuring that operability requirements are met
• Owning and driving continuous improvement of infrastructure management systems for monitoring, log aggregation, security scanning, intrusion detection, identity management cost analysis
• Prioritizing and overseeing initiatives / projects to improve key metrics in IT operations
• Planning and reporting on financial budget (infrastructure, licenses, people), working with external suppliers for datacenter infrastructure, software tools and consultants to optimize usage and cost
• Owning overall business continuity and disaster recovery plans
• Overseeing compliance with IT policies and security standards, escalating possible security issues to the teams owning various components of the environment
What it takes:
•Reassuring presence and proactive communication skills combined with the strong sense of urgency needed to drive the resolution of system outages, etc.
•Experience in managing a team operating a SaaS application for enterprise customers strongly preferred
•Experience within a software development environment with global teams preferred
•Base level knowledge of ITIL processes
•Familiarity with key DevOps and SRE processes
•Experience in balancing availability, performance, scalability and cost in production environments
•Experience in working with public cloud systems (AWS, Azure, GCP) and understanding of network layouts and strategy
•Ideally, knowledge of Microsoft Windows based server infrastructures and automated configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, …)
•Possesses business skills (financial modeling, business cases, project ROI) and the ability to spearhead initiatives to gather data and make data-driven operational decisions
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com