ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
As a Software Engineering Intern you will be responsible for working with and assisting staff Software Engineers. This will include creating and testing new features and fixing reported problems. This position will be filled by an individual who intends to eventually move into a full time permanent Software Engineering position on the TLi Team.
The ideal applicant will project a positive and professional image while carrying out the job responsibilities which include: analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment, documentation, troubleshooting, and customer support. You will develop program logic from specifications provided by senior technical members or by analyzing requirements from end-users. You will develop program code, test data and documentation in both the maintenance and new development environments. You could also provide detailed specifications and documents to support end-users requirements.
The work being performed in this position is primarily technical (e.g., works in Development, Research, Management Information Systems or Engineering) and does not have any supervisory responsibilities (which includes performance feedback, coaching, development, career planning and compensation for other employees).
You are great at:
• Performing complex work which requires broad technical knowledge, training and understanding, combined with creative, independent thinking and conceptual ability to relate work performed within a broader technical and business context
• Being responsible for portions of critical work and/or complex projects with guidance from staff Software Engineers
• Being responsible for self-learning multiple aspects of the IBM i operating system.
What it takes:
• Current enrollment in a school of higher education and working toward a degree in Computer Science or recent graduate with a Computer Science degree
• Knowledge of iSeries application development a plus
• Excellent troubleshooting / analysis skills
• Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of tools
• Ability to find and use resources to solve problems
• Knowledge of the IBM i operating system a plus
• Knowledge in at least one of the following programming languages:
• RPG in an ILE environment
• VB.net programming
• Machine Interface (MI) programming
• Java programming
• C/C++ programming
• SQL programming
• Excellent written and oral communication skills Familiarity with the Agile development methods a plus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com