ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Systems Administrator performs duties to produce quality deliverables associated with systems administration. Specifically, this position is responsible for evaluating, planning, and configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting secure computer environments. Those responsibilities are generally associated with multiple function tasks of medium to large / high size, scope and complexity.
You are great at:
- Performing the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
- Providing superior VMware vSphere administration support for several large datacenters located around the globe. This includes testing, troubleshooting, planning and updating using vSphere 5.5, vCenter, in a private cloud.
- Providing Application support for SAAS applications running on Windows, Linux and VMware platforms.
- Writing and maintaining systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
- Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues, interfacing with others as required.
- Staying informed on changes in technology and within the computer industry and keep current on security protocols, applicable laws and regulations.
- Using established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks and keep work and data center environments clean, secure and well-maintained.
- Managing work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keep management and project managers informed of issues and status.
- Recommending and evaluating new and more effective approaches to system administration, including procedural changes, future hardware / software needs and tools to enhance productivity.
- Participating on special project teams for development or corporate initiatives as such projects arise.
What it takes:
• Expert level knowledge of Windows OS. (Windows 2008/2012)
• Expert knowledge Windows Powershell and vSphere PowerCLI.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, Kerberos, NFS, CIFS, DNS, and basic routing concepts.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams.
• Working knowledge of Linux operating systems (Redhat, Ubuntu, Centos)
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work load and tasks to effectively meet established deadlines.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment.and Participate in On Call responsibilities.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com