ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
As a Software Architect working within OpenText’s ECM business unit, you will help drive the technical roadmap for an overall architecture to integrate products within the ECM documentum portfolio. Associated activities encompass the architecture, design, development and documentation of software or system integration components. The role requires that you gain a thorough understanding of the products within the ECM Suite to enable the design and development of products, components, and solutions that are aligned with overall ECM and OpenText business strategies. The architect will be responsible for the design, performance, deployment, and security aspects of the solution. You must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
You are great at:
• Large-scale distributed systems, Cloud and microservices architecture designs
• Being a technical thought leader and subject matter expert for cross-ECM solutions including cloud born approaches.
• Creating and reviewing use cases and test cases
• Mentoring and coaching the team on latest tools and technology
• Having the ability to whiteboard and guide system-level architecture of a complex software platform through discussion of pros and cons of design alternatives
• Interacting with Product Management and internal OpenText stakeholders in order to articulate specific technical options and decisions in a concise and clear manner
• Managing expectations and responsibilities of all stakeholders
What it takes:
• MS or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• You must have architected an enterprise-class software system and comfortable presenting at the executive level
• 10+ years of experience in software application development, with at least 5 years in Java development for high performance applications; Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology
• Expert knowledge of web services, RESTful architecture, componentization, APIs, SOA and microservices
• Ability to effectively communicate and build consensus amongst technical staff. Ability to collaborate over several timezones including but not limited to India and China.
• Experience in Cloud application design, development, and deployment a plus
• Java skills required, other languages a plus
• Experience architecting solutions with large sets of data requiring analytics
• Technical knowledge of the following:
◦ Revision control (Git)
◦ Modern frameworks (Springboot, Spring Framework, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring Data, Reactor, Angular2)
◦ Operating systems (Windows Server, Linux and other Unix flavors)
◦ Databases (Oracle,PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLServer) and data modeling
◦ Modern container technologies (cloud foundry, Docker, Kubernetes)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommdation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com