ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
InfoArchive is a new class of archiving solution that transforms the way IT executives manage a portfolio of legacy and active applications. InfoArchive unlocks data of all types (structured and unstructured) trapped in applications, helping reduce costs by quickly decommissioning outdated systems, containing the overhead of data-hungry applications and putting application data to work for the business. At the same time, InfoArchive ensures compliance of regulated and sensitive data via robust retention capabilities and a fully auditable chain-of-custody.
The InfoArchive Web Application team is looking for a highly motivated Front-End Consultant Engineer who is passionate about providing an appealing and intuitive interface for our users. You have a keen eye for design, and a strong desire to improve the way our users interact with our product. You will be working alongside members of your own functional team to design, define, implement, test, document and demonstrate various features. In addition to that, you will also be working in collaboration with cross functional teams defining dependencies and providing technical assistance as necessary.
You are great at:
- Providing feedback during feature design phase to the team, identifying gaps and assessing feasibility on the proposed requirements.
- Participating in Sprint planning exercises, estimating and ensuring the work required is finished in a timely manner.
- Working closely with Product Management and User Experience designers to produce desirable UI designs.
- Ensuring technical decisions match the technical direction of the overall project.
- Offering proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment.
- Collaborating with engineers and other engineering groups, voluntarily shares information to improve architectural designs or engineering processes.
- Designing, implementing and testing to ensure code is of top quality.
- Representing Engineering serving as a customer advocate, and provide technical explanations as appropriate.
What it takes:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline, MS degree preferred
- 10+ years experience building web-based software system
- Working knowledge of database technologies
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal and the ability to clearly explain and provide technical guidance
- Strong ability to work as part of a team
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org