OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
As a subject matter expert, the Cloud Solutions Architect provides technical leadership for the design, development and/or ongoing delivery of industry solutions built on top of the OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) product suite utilizing Cloud architecture and concepts. This individual will be part of the Opentext Solutions Engineering team and expected to understand solution requirements, drive detailed technical design, determine effort & implementation approaches and provide guidance to a team of Software Engineers to help design, develop, install certify and support cloud tolerant and native solutions. Leverages industry best practices and the underlying cloud platform capabilities (such as Cloud Foundry, Docker and other relevant DevOps services) to design for ease of use, ensure scalability, performance, and supportability. Assignments may include development efforts for new products or enhancements/fixes to existing products.
You are great at:
• As an Individual contributor, guiding a team of software engineers reporting to an Engineering Manager working on a particular industry solution (e.g. Life Sciences, Energy, Healthcare). Collaborating with the Product and Engineering Management to define the development plan, risk mitigation plan and product certification plan for cloud deployments.
• Initiating/participating/leading meetings/discussions related to solution scoping and iteration planning. Taking ownership for the creation of detailed design documents that address current and evolving solution requirements in the cloud. Developing proof of concepts and prototypes to validate proposed cloud solutions using available cloud platforms and technologies.
• Creating detailed design based on requirements , determining level of effort, planning work breakdown structures and implementing approaches that leverage composition & configuration as opposed to extensive coding.
• Facilitating meetings to discuss technical aspects of the solution and presenting appropriate technical solutions that balance the solution requirements with technical goals around DevOps, performance, scalability, extensibility, security and maintainability.
• Working in conjunction with the other Engineering product lines to ensure alignment with underlying product capabilities and with the Product Support organization to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during development & ongoing maintenance.
• Preparing, maintaining and submitting activity/progress reports and other management reports in accordance with published procedures. Keeping stakeholders informed of activities and alert of any issues promptly. Providing inputs at the end of the solution development cycle on learning(s) and suggest improvements.
• Providing knowledge transfer to team members, training staff personnel, reviewing code, providing on the job guidance and mentoring and conducting training sessions to customer personnel when authorized by management .
• Developing solutions by adhering to engineering processes, methodologies and organization best practices.
What it takes:
- Bachelors in Engineering or Computer Science. Masters in a related discipline desirable
- Desirable to have appropriate certification/excellent understanding in using and architecting Cloud Foundry and Containerization systems and application architecture.
- Solid understanding of best practices in designing and implementing Cloud based solutions in one or more of the areas such as information management and process automation, case management, collaboration, portals and regulatory compliance management.
- Proven experience in cloud as well as hybrid cloud application architecture design principles, design patterns, persistence modeling, tools & technologies, microservice and spring boot architectures, addressing and designing products around non-functional aspects, knowledge of 12 factor cloud applications is desirable.
- Knowledge of using Cloud Foundry provisioning and container architecture design & planning utilizing physical and virtualized environments.
- Experience in Documentum Content Server, D2, cloud security configurations such as OTDS.
- Working knowledge of web based development tools such as the following: Ruby, Python, AJAX, XML, XSLT, HTML, Angular, Backbone.Marionette, JSON and SQL.
- Experience in leveraging distributive application architectures including knowledge of various application Servers like Tomcat and JBoss in conjunction with cloud provisioning best practice model.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins/TeamCity).
- Good understanding of internet protocols, network and application security methods.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Demonstrable experience in using application modeling techniques to present and define application architectures, especially for cloud based solutions. Preferred knowledge in Opentext’s Process Suite/AppWorks entity modeling tool
- Domain expertise in Life Science, Healthcare, Energy or Engineering industries highly desirable.
- Strong planning and analytical skills combined with ability to work with geographically distributed teams in an Agile development model.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to present complex technical topics in a manner non-technical stakeholders can easily understand.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.