Function: Technical Support
Location: US, CA, PasadenaApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Technical Services Engineer (TSE) will provide technical assistance to external customers, and other departments via telephone, e-mail, interactive chat, and support portal message board. The TSE’s primary responsibility is to directly support all incoming support channels and familiarize themselves with advanced-level technical concepts associated with the company product-line tools.
You are great at:
• Ability to function as lead on special projects (Beta Test Program, Support Portal maintenance, network troubleshooting, staging special equipment)
• Provide advanced-level technical support to customers and liaise with development resources when needed in order to isolate the source of customer problems
• Demonstrate effective customer communications through calls and email and document issues that are aligned to the EnCase and EnCase Enterprise product sets.
• Troubleshoot EnCase error messages and how-to separate user training session versus legitimate product deficiencies.
• Build a new lab machine for troubleshooting customer issues
• Evaluating and benchmarking new hardware that can be used for testing new products released by Guidance Software
• Attending EnCase technical forum, weekly product meetings, training sessions, and disseminating key information to the rest of the department either via documentation or presentation
• Quickly acquire and utilize all departmental tools including CRM and bug tracking systems, telephony, and support portal software
What it takes:
• 2 years experience as a Technical Support Engineer in a comparable environment working with customers on complex technical issues
• Knowledge of computer forensic methodology including investigations processes and legal precedence
• Knowledge of hardware and software write-blocking devices, including, LinEn, WinEn.EXE, and Tableau
• Strong knowledge of networking principles, including firewalls, switches and routers, domain administration, and general network topology
• Knowledge of *nix (OSX, BSD, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris), Linux (various flavors) or Novell
•Working knowledge of EnScript, eDiscovery (including Legal Hold and Analytics/First Pass Review), CyberSecurity, EnCase Portable, Enterprise, Forensic, , and future products
• Desired certifications- EnCEP Network+/MCSE/Linux+ RHCE certification, CISSP, EnCE
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act