Location: US, CA, PasadenaApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for creating, implementing and automating testing in support of software test requirements. The SQA Engineer works with the QA Analyst to develop and expand test suites and test cases, and maintain the automation infrastructure. In addition, the SQA Engineer will execute and report on planned tests, report and manage defects, regress software fixes for new and existing products, assist development with replicating and debugging problems and develop new test automation solutions as needed. The SQA Engineer has a strong technical and programming/test automation skill set as well as a good compliment of analytical and technical abilities to take manual test cases to automation.
You are great at:
• Reviewing product specifications and work with others to develop appropriate test strategies and detailed test plans
• Leading and participating in formal reviews of test plans, designs and requirements documents.
• Accurately predicting the amount of effort required for projects and tasks. Develop plans and schedules based on these predictions
• Designing, implementing and managing an automated suite of test scripts
• Identifying product issues and writing detailed bug reports during the product development cycle
• Communicating and coordinating with peers and senior level individuals in cross-functional groups to articulate and compare alternative testing approaches
• Reviewing defects that escaped to the field to learn how they could have been prevented or detected
• Participating in documentation reviews during product release cycle to ensure quality and comprehensive product documentation
What it takes:
• 5+ years of experience in a QA role; BS degree in Computer Science or related field preferred but not required
• Strong experience with Relational Databases MSSQL server preferred. Fluency in SQL scripting.
• Strong experience writing automation using C# or related technology.
• Experience with Web UI automation tools (Coded UI, Selenium)
• Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Experience with various types of testing including unit, system, integration, user acceptance, regression, usability and end-to-end testing
• Capable of understanding and documenting incidents. Effectively manage incident information and test status information to improve product and process
• Knowledge of QA methodology and Software development processes (Agile Scrum, RUP, IEEE, etc.)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act