ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality. The Opportunity:
An exceptional opportunity has arisen at OpenText for a lawyer to join OpenText’s in-house legal team based in Paris. This is a diverse role that will include: drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements in support of sales activity, including software, professional services and cloud services agreements, resolving commercial disputes, providing legal advice on group transactions and handling general corporate matters, and monitoring changes in laws and regulations.
What it takes:
* You will have previous post- qualification experience of multi-jurisdictional contract negotiations, and experience in negotiating public sector contracts would be advantageous.
* You will have a strong academic record and have gained experience from working in a law firm and/or in-house within a corporate environment.
* You will be enthusiastic, hard working, enjoy working in a team environment and confident working at a senior level with lawyers and other professional colleagues.
* You will have the ability to learn quickly and positively contribute to the team upon your start.
* Building strong working relationships with various lines of business and putting yourself in the shoes of those you are advising, to understand the complexities of a multi-faceted business, are important parts of the role.
* The ability to communicate clearly, solve problems and provide commercially focused advice to fellow professionals is essential.
* You are skilled in the art of negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements and have knowledge of working within the IT sector and in particular assisting sales executives on license sales and other commercial transactions.
* You will enjoy working as part of a team on a range of significant matters work on a range of significant matters, managing external advisers, and actively contributing to strategic decision making, analysis of risk and exposure.
* You will also be responsible for your own case load, attend and conduct negotiations with business partners.
* You will be expected to provide proactive commercial legal support and have sufficient seniority and skill to work autonomously in a commercial manner and have the ability to work in a team. You will also possess the necessary credibility to interact at all levels within and outside the business.
* You will advise OpenText and staff on mitigating risk arising across the practice.
You must possess excellent English written and verbal communication and drafting skills with strong attention to detail and have demonstrated strong initiative, good judgment and the ability to find pragmatic solutions.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText.
We can offer you a vibrant global environment in which your skills and career will flourish. Looking to our future success story we are looking for more top talent - people like you who share our vision and want to influence tomorrow's world today.
Join our team and become part of the story.