ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Customer Support Product Specialist provides accurate, timely technical support to Open Text Actuate Software developers, system administrators and other technical contacts primarily via the telephone and E-mail. The Specialist will deal with support issues that are complex in nature, carry differing priorities and must be addressed within predetermined service levels, so the Specialist must be adept at balancing multiple priorities. The callers will expect enterprise-level support, therefore the Specialist will need to be well-versed technically, and fully understand customer service concepts. Other objectives are to cooperate with other Customer Support Product Specialists in carrying out their day-to-day duties, and represent Open Text Actuate Software in a visibly supportive manner.
You are great at:
- Researching, resolving, and recording all levels of software questions from customers, with an emphasis on the more complex technical and application questions, quickly and repeatedly.
- Performing Support primarily via the telephone and E-mail.
- Answering all incoming support calls for six or more hours per day.
- Providing Support within Actuate Software's stated service level goals.
- Recording and maintaining knowledge collected from each incident in accordance with the standard format.
- Working with Engineering and QA to aid in the resolution of product issues.
- Participating in the testing of new and enhanced products.
- Participating in the QA process by validating and reporting bugs reported by customers.
- Writing technical documents (i.e. FAQ's, Application Briefs, etc.) both for the corporate Web site and for publication on hard copy.
- Supporting training and participating on special projects.
What it takes:
- 1+ year in a Technical Support related position, preferably in a high tech industry.
- Post Secondary education in related field or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in French, German or Spanish is considered an asset.
- Object oriented programming experience.
- Microsoft Windows (Operating System and Networking), UNIX, Linux (Operating System and Scripting).
- Strong proficiency in relational databases and data modeling / manipulation (Excel, SQL).
- Experience with BIRT (Business Intelligence Reporting Tools) and other Actuate technologies a plus.
- Knowledge of Actuate technologies is considered an asset.
- Shift times range from 7:00am - 4pm.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com