OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Open Text Professional Services team is comprised of more than 3000 consultants who act as trusted advisors, managing long lasting relationships with more than 100,000 customers around the world. They are responsible for the delivery of business solutions from pre-sales to post implementation. Our teams of experts help organizations solve issues, create value, improve business performance, and work more effectively in an increasingly digital world.
As an Open Text consultant you will work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and you will be recognized as a subject matter expert within the Enterprise Information Management space. From supporting your customer with the implementation of systems and optimization of our products, to conducting workshops on best practices, you will be travelling to different sites and there are never two days that look exactly the same. You will be supported with training on our solutions, be able to receive relevant certifications and have many opportunities for advancement. Our experts also frequently have the opportunity to take part in international assignments.
The Technical Consultant will understand the technology needed to be applied to offer the most effective solutions offered by Open Text products, with an emphasis on the Open Text Content Server product lines. The Technical Consultant will be an expert business skills and consulting methodologies to collect and analyze data as well as designing, configuring and implementing Open Text solutions based on customer requirements.
The Technical Consultant will lead specific technical or functional portions of engagements, focusing on Content Server modeling, Records Management & Physical Objects, acting as a leading authority and displaying a deep working knowledge and will be considered a subject matter expert. The Technical Consultant will efficiently collaborate with other dependent resources to assure tasks are completed to meet project specifications and lead and motivate other members of the project team to contribute to overall team success and develop strong working relationships with key users. There will also be some responsibility in creating executive presentations on results specifically related to the specialized portion of the engagement.
- Driving the requirement gathering and other functional elements to analyze Customers’ business requirements and application objectives
- Developing the deliverables as specified
- Assisting with proposal development and post-implementation reviews
- Conducting periodic status checks with Customers and team to assess progress against plan – meet deadlines and budgets
- Performing re-forecasts of project variables as necessary throughout project
- Communicating at a technical level, as well as explain technical solutions in laymen’s terms.
- Motivating clients to want to use Open Text technology in the most advantageous way.
- Scoping the specialized portion of engagements and providing expertise during proposal preparations and presales opportunities.
- Configuring OpenText solutions
What it takes:
- 3+ years’ of relevant experience, preferably in the consulting space
- Ability to conceptualize client needs and translate these into specific implementation strategies. Focusing on Content Server Community, Information & Security Modeling, Records Management & Physical Objects, Workflow and Reporting
- Experience with implementation of Customers’ File Plan and Schedules, configure modules to client business process & policy specifications, design file taxonomy, permissions & security models
- Experience with identifying key technical design and software issues and recommending possible solutions
- Experience with proposal development and post-implementation reviews
- Experience in implementing Open Text products
- Bilingual in both English and French, strongly desired
- Up to 75% travel required across North America
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org