ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Develop and support a strategic government and stakeholder relations program that advances OpenText’s objectives and reputation. The Director, Government Relations will be responsible for planning and coordinating related activities, fostering mutually beneficial working relationships with stakeholders, and supporting senior Sales & Services executives in their dealings with government and other key Information Technology sector partners so that our interactions are strategic, coordinated and consistent. Key to this role is the ability to represent OpenText in various capacities thereby enabling OpenText to advocate our interests effectively and thoughtfully. Of equal importance is the ability to collaboratively work with internal stakeholders to ensure that our positions are clear, consistent and well integrated across the enterprise to enable the effective execution of corporate strategy and objectives.
You are great at:
- Partnering with our Public Sector Sales & Services teams to support existing and new business development with governments by:
- Gathering information about RFPs and future opportunities and assisting with proposal submissions
- Identifying strategic considerations in bid developments including intersections with government priorities
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of a corporate OpenText stakeholder relations database containing all current and relevant issue contacts
- Promoting OpenText’s capabilities to both political and civil service decision makers
- Planning and coordinating meetings, briefings, events with key government leaders and staff
- Identifying and cultivating key relationships, networks and alliances with decision makers, policy leaders and influencers in public and private sector organizations including think tanks, opinion leaders, advocacy organizations, key business groups, non-profits, and academic institutions
- Working closely with various parts of the company to identify, understand and manage Government related issues in alignment with OpenText strategic priorities