ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Open Text Professional Services team is comprised of more than 3000 consultants who act as trusted advisors, managing long lasting relationships with more than 100,000 customers around the world. They are responsible for the delivery of business solutions from pre-sales to post implementation. Our teams of experts help organizations solve issues, create value, improve business performance, and work more effectively in an increasingly digital world.
As an Open Text consultant you will work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and you will be recognized as a subject matter expert within the Enterprise Information Management space. From supporting your customer with the implementation of systems and optimization of our products, to conducting workshops on best practices, you will be travelling to different sites and there are never two days that look exactly the same. You will be supported with training on our solutions, be able to receive relevant certifications and have many opportunities for advancement. Our experts also frequently have the opportunity to take part in international assignments.
The Project Manager in the Professional Services Delivery organization is a key contributor to the achievement of department goals and initiatives, while at the same time managing delivery of customer engagements. The PM drives the success of each project to ensure customer satisfaction, establish a solid working relationship and build on that foundation to develop future engagements. The PM fulfills a key advisory role to the Director of Professional Services. In addition, the successful PM has the ability to work in a cross-department manner and is able to lead resources not under their direct control.
You are great at:
- Project managing assigned Client engagements including, but not limited to, forecasting of booked revenue, tracking project financials, managing risks, project scope change and issues through to resolution.
- Working with the Professional Services Resource Manager and other Project Managers to establish project resource needs, screening candidates both internal and external to the Professional Services team and co-ordinate project resources on a weekly basis.
- Working as an informal team with the other project managers within the Professional Services business unit and PMO to collaborate on lessons learned and drive organizational standards
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Managing projects so that they are delivered on time, on budget, project delivery with minimal escalations
- Support Professional Services Directors with preparation of Statements of Work, including scope definition and estimation.
- Providing internal project progress and status updates to the PMO and Professional Services Directors as required and writing responses to RFP’s, identifying and tracking opportunities including the participation in Business Development synergy meetings to ensure client account activities are communicated internally to other Open Text stakeholders
- Assisting in the creation of presentation materials including public forum presentations and internal presentations particularly for executive consumption