Location: Germany, GrasbrunnApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
An exceptional opportunity has arisen at OpenText for a lawyer to join OpenText’s in-house legal team based in Germany. Preferred location is Munich/Grasbrunn, Germany, but we will consider other locations as well. This is a diverse role that will include: drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements in support of the regional sales activity, including software, professional services and cloud services agreements, resolving commercial disputes, providing legal advice on group transactions and monitoring changes in laws and regulations.
You are great at:
*Qualified lawyer (J.D./ LL.M./Volljurist/Wirtschaftsjurist/) with 7+ years post qualification experience.
* You will have previous post- qualification experience of conducting international and/or multi-jurisdictional contract negotiations, and experience in negotiating IT contracts would be advantageous. Experience in the Middle East/Africa territory is a significant advantage.
* You will have a strong academic record and have gained experience from working in a law firm and/or in-house within a corporate environment in the field of commercial law. Experience in other fields as corporate law, employment law and/or IP/trademark law is preferable.
* You will be enthusiastic, hard working, enjoy working in a team environment and confident working at various levels with lawyers and other professional colleagues.
* You will have the ability to learn quickly and positively contribute to the team upon your start.
What it takes:
* Building strong working relationships with various lines of business and putting yourself in the shoes of those you are advising, to understand the complexities of a multi-faceted business, are important parts of the role.
* The ability to communicate clearly, solve problems and provide commercially focused advice to fellow professionals is essential.
* You are skilled in the art of negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements and have knowledge of working within the IT sector and in particular assisting sales executives on license and cloud sales and other commercial transactions.
* You will enjoy working as part of a team on a range of significant matters, managing external advisers, and actively contributing to strategic decision making, analysis of risk and exposure.
* You will also be responsible for your own case load, attend and conduct negotiations with business partners. These roles require the ability and willingness for occasional business travel.
* You will be expected to provide proactive commercial legal support and have sufficient seniority and skill to work autonomously in a commercial manner and have the ability to work in a team. You will also possess the necessary credibility to interact at all levels within and outside the business.
* You will advise OpenText and staff on mitigating risk arising across the practice.
You should possess excellent English written and verbal communication and drafting skills with strong attention to detail and have demonstrated strong initiative, good judgment and the ability to find pragmatic solutions. For this position we consider Arabic language skills as a significant benefit.
Bei OpenText verstehen und wertschätzen wir die Vielfalt in unseren Mitarbeitern und sind stolz darauf, ein Chancengleicher Arbeitgeber zu sein.