ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
OpenText is looking for a Product Manager for the product Digital Asset Management (DAM) for SAP Solutions. Digital Asset Management is the market leading solution to manage all media assets such as images and videos on an enterprise level.
The Product Manager drives the definition and the delivery of the DAM for SAP Solutions product at OpenText. She/he works closely with the Go-To-Market team and the field organization to ensure the product meets the business requirements and it is successfully rolled out.
As part of our agile, iterative development model (IDP) she/he works with various R&D functions in the OpenText organization. In conjunction with engineering the product manager defines the development priorities and is responsible for functional fit, on time product release, and product quality. She/he works with the product design group to ensure excellent user experience, and with the product information group to provide a comprehensible documentation.
Strong emphasis is also placed on customer interaction and roll-out activities such as to Pre-sales, Global Services, Learning Services, the Support organization. As DAM for SAP Solutions is a SAP reseller product, this role requires a very close collaboration with SAP / Hybris to align roadmaps and to make the product commercially successful. The Product Manager also assists Marketing activities, competitive intelligence, and analyst relations by providing domain knowledge.
This position is accountable for, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Define the long term product roadmap and specify the product versions on theme and user story level.
• Collect and prioritize solution requirements (from Go-To-Market teams, customers, competitors, partners, industry analysts, sales and R&D)
• Collaborate with other product managers and program managers to coordinate product features and to execute 'go to market' plans including packaging, pricing, collateral, events and lead-generation programs. This includes also alignment with CEM product team for OpenText Media Management.
• Work with the product design group (UXD) to develop customer use cases, personas and scenarios, as well as user interface design and maintain close contact with the software development group to refine product specifications.
• Define demo scenarios, and support Technical Marketing in setting up demo environments.
• Work with key customers, consultants and sales to acquire and respond to product feedback for future product releases, and communicate roadmap details.
• Understand product competitors and support development of competitive responses for sales and marketing.
• Perform sales support activities including product demonstrations, proof of concept development, presentations.
You are great at:
• Bachelor’s, or ideally Master’s degree, in computer science or equivalent
• Strong skills in transforming customer requirements into product requirements
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies
• Ability to talk to different audiences (from the high level discussion with the management to very in-deep discussion with architects)
• Ideally, having experience with SAP Hybris and/or SAP Business Suite and business processes in and around Customer Experience Management (CEM)
• Ideally, having experience in product management and/or R&D
• Strong communication and presentation skills in English
What it takes:
• Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and business oriented
• Effective at influencing and convincing others into action yet able to also be a good team member/player.
• Understand and articulate customers’ viewpoints and perspectives, the problems, challenges and opportunities customers face in their businesses and how customers use, or could use, the product(s) to address them.
• Goal driven; plans and manages toward achieving goals, anticipates problems and issues and proactively drives their resolution.
• Proactively interacts and establishes rapport with people of diverse styles, backgrounds and job positions/levels.
• Strong customer orientation and comfortable in sales situations.
• Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff
• Accustomed to work in an international environment involving multiple development sites on various time zones.
The office environment is a general office working environment. However, work outside standard business hours may be necessary due to project schedules and different time zones. For more information on the Open Text organization and/or the Open Text portfolio, please refer to http://www.opentext.com
• Job Location: Munich, Germany
• Up to 20% travel may be required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org