ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Provide first level support to employees, ensuring delivery of consistent quality and customer service across the organization. Assist office based employees as well as virtual staff, with the efficient and effective use of desktop applications and enterprise systems / applications.
• First point of contact to our employees for the whole lifecycle of a support case
• Support of office based or virtual staff via phone and ticketing system
• Troubleshooting of tickets including escalation to subject matter experts
• Support and troubleshooting for all types of technical inquiries, service requests and issues involving computers, network, printers, AV equipment, smartphones / tablets
• Maintenance of content within systems / applications such as Active Directory, Exchange, Linux/UNIX, phone systems and networking (DNS/DHCP)
• Processing of user account creation / modifications & terminations for various systems
• Assist first level team with deployment and recovery of desktops and laptops
• Delivery of clear and concise support documentation
• Assist with or manage IT projects as required
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
• Contribute to team innovation goals through ideas for process improvement and efficiency
• Ability to expand a variety of skill sets
• Monitoring of critical services and quick response to all outage situations
• After hours work may be necessary due to schedules, deadlines and / or reliability issues
• Participate in the 24 x 7 on-call schedule rotation
You are great at:
• Experience in an IT environment with strong customer service skills
• Technically competent with Microsoft (Office, Windows, Windows Servers) and MAC OS knowledge
• Knowledge of smartphone / tablet software and hardware
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
• Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
• Ability to work individually as well as contribute in a global team environment
• Capable of working in a continuously changing environment and handling stressful situations
What it takes:
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree, College diploma or equivalent experience.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer