Function: Sales Operations
Location: Germany, GrasbrunnApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Bid Manager within Proposals team is a member of a small, but highly visible team responsible for supporting the management, preparation and creation of proposals to support OpenText sales opportunities. In this blended role, you are responsible for:
Managing individual proposal projects, as assigned
Assisting the Proposal Coordinator, as required, to help ensure that the overall proposal process functions smoothly
Duties include managing qualified proposal projects through the entire proposal lifecycle from intake of the assignment to the final delivery of the completed material to the customer. You may also assist other proposal managers and writers, maintain team schedules, assist in balancing team workload, track team activity, and perform related duties as assigned.
You are great at:
Strategic and Management Responsibilities include:
• Contribute to an environment of professionalism, teamwork, personal accountability, enthusiasm, and the smooth functioning of the team process
• Advise management on proposal matters
• Ensure that all proposals reflect proposal best practices
Tactical Responsibilities include:
• Facilitate bid-no bid calls
• Establish viable proposal work plans that separate proposal into component parts, and assign to direct and virtual team members for completion; chair routine status calls
• Reassemble completed component parts into a complete response document.
• Perform writing and editing duties to insure that the proposal response is compliant, clear, coherent, consistent, flows logically, has marketing impact, and is error-free;
• Writing, edit, and/or advise on the creation of cover letters, executive summaries, and other key parts of proposals;
• Effectively utilize the Qvidian proposal automation tool;
• Enforce approved style guidelines;
• Perform and/or manage all activities related to the physical assembly, production, and delivery of the RFP response or proposal to the final recipient on time and in the proper format(s);
• Facilitate proposal reviews
• Train sales force on proposal topics, as assigned
• Conduct win-loss reviews
• Develop and maintain competency in marketing messaging and product knowledge, as required
• Manage and maintain the proposal team infrastructure, as requested and assigned, including, but not limited to:
o Register and track proposals and RFP through the entire response lifecycle;
o Assist in maintain Proposal Dashboard
o Maintain and improve technical competency in proposal tools
o Archive proposals upon completion
o Other tasks as assigned
Critical attributes include excellent communications, time management, and project management skills. Candidate should have strong business acumen, complemented by an exceptionally strong team orientation. Other important attributes include integrity, flexibility, adaptability, a positive attitude, a desire to excel in a high impact, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and a willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or equivalent;
• Direct proposal management experience in the enterprise software or high-tech industry is preferred
• Native fluency in German / fluency in English language required, both written and oral (proficiency in English, written and oral, is required in any case).
• Experience with a mainstream proposal automation tool, such as Qvidian, is a plus.
• At least three years in a similar role in a fast-paced, high volume proposal environment
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, one or more popular graphics applications, collaboration software, and search tools
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to adhere to strict deadlines
• Familiarity with information technology concepts and industry standards
Bei OpenText verstehen und wertschätzen wir die Vielfalt in unseren Mitarbeitern und sind stolz darauf, ein Chancengleicher Arbeitgeber zu sein.