ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Open Text Professional Services team is comprised of more than 3000 consultants who act as trusted advisors, managing long lasting relationships with more than 100,000 customers around the world. They are responsible for the delivery of business solutions from pre-sales to post implementation. Our teams of experts help organizations solve issues, create value, improve business performance, and work more effectively in an increasingly digital world.
As an Open Text consultant you will work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and you will be recognized as a subject matter expert within the Enterprise Information Management space. From supporting your customer with the implementation of systems and optimization of our products, to conducting workshops on best practices, you will be travelling to different sites and there are never two days that look exactly the same. You will be supported with training on our solutions, be able to receive relevant certifications and have many opportunities for advancement. Our experts also frequently have the opportunity to take part in international assignments.
As the Director Consulting Services for the Canadian Services (West sub-region), you will be responsible for all aspects related to Professional Services in your territory including selling services, delivering services, and managing a team of consultants. The position is position based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Such services includes the implementation of solutions based on OT products including development and support of custom solutions. The Director role works closely with the rest of the customer account team including Sales, Technical pre-sales, Value Engineering, and OT leads for other value-add services that can be provided to the clients in relation to solution realization including learning services, managed services, and cloud services. The Director also liaises with and brokers relationships with OT partners and other contractors to establish relationships in general and for specific projects.
The Director is responsible for revenue generation and customer success for the NA West - North Central sub-region while actively supporting peers in the West Region and across North America for mutual success against the OT mission of revenue, margin, and reference-ability. The Director is also responsible for the management of a team of Project Managers, based in the West region, including hiring, performance & compensation management, professional development, and other manager responsibilities.
You are great at:
- Managing a team and ensuring career plans, training plans and reviews are completed and ensuring and maintaining formal qualifications and certificates for all staff including: product and method certifications, security clearances, and work visas where required
- Responding to most standing offer RFP’s in order to better position Open Text
- Ensuring timely delivery and management of resource forecasting, opportunity forecasting, proposal/SOW writing and achieving required approvals, contract and invoicing status using appropriate tools available;
- Planning and direction for all aspects of the project including planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analyses, establishing milestones, deliverables and budgets
- Formulating and managing strategies and project plans including: 1) Management of deliverables 2) Determination and tracking of project plans (including Work Breakdown Structures, timelines, resource plan training plans and any other related contractual milestones, plans, or milestones) 3) Regular project reviews and reporting 4) On-going risk, issue and change management; This is to be done for both time and material and fixed fee engagements.
- Analyzing and make decisions on projects, considering project functionality, cost, schedule, and quality and making trade-offs as appropriate for each project being managed
- Negotiating project deliverables/schedules/costing for services from external suppliers or other groups within Open Text;
- Tracking, monitoring and communicating project progress against the project plan, requirements, quality measures, standard processes, and milestones.
- Working with the sales team to generate revenue within existing accounts by proposing the full range of solution realization, enhancement, and operational services including updates, upgrades, customization to existing clients;
- Creating a pipeline of opportunity to generate bookings meeting quarterly budget expectations
- Providing support as required to the Professional Services team in writing responses to RFP’s, identifying and tracking opportunities including the participation in Business Development synergy meetings to ensure client account activities are communicated internally to other Open Text stakeholders