OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The Opportunity:
This is a position which is best described as a mix of sales, management consulting and finance within the umbrella of a global, premier software brand. Business Value Consulting team members will work on multi-million dollar deals and build expertise across industries and functions. The VA role is an opportunity for someone with consultative business analysis skills to have an impact on large enterprise software transactions. It represents a unique bridge from the world of business analysis to the critical function of Sales.
The Principal Value Analyst is a senior management level professional, capable of managing the various aspects of sales transformation and able to lead multiple engagements in complex environments and multiple constituencies. You are great at:
- Driving the development and supporting the implementation of a comprehensive field sales value based selling program.
- Designing tools and deliverables to help penetrate enterprise customer accounts, including Business Capability and Retrospective Studies and Outside-In Analyses.
- Being the trusted adviser to OpenText customers and prospects including high level executives. This leader will present to help customers and prospects understand the value of a proposed World Class OpenText solution.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the broad OpenText technology portfolio at a level sufficient to understand and communicate *the art of the possible- in terms of business process and Enterprise Information Management (EIM).
- Helping customers identify and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) that should be monitored to improve the value received from OpenText products and services.
- Develop high quality business transformation studies that document success, both quantitatively and qualitatively, that can be used to provoke sales opportunities with new prospects.
- The ideal candidate will have core knowledge to evaluate, drive, and present ROI for customers and clearly articulate how the OT solutions will drive down TCO for our solutions.
- Proactively maintain customer intimacy by working post sales with customers for best practices in the implementations of applications and value achieved, feeding the information back to the Business Value Consulting practice and organization.
- Conduct industry research and develop financial analyses for prospects.
- Assist with building the practice by contributing reusable tools and templates, which can be leveraged to increase innovation and improve quality.
What it takes:
Team player with strong communication and collaboration skills.
Ability to adapt to standard approaches.Experience with business applications and SAP solutions.Ability to synthesize / distill information from a variety of sources into an executive level messaging.Strong attention to detail and focus on quality of analysis.Strong quantitative and analytical skills including knowledge of financial statement analysis and modeling. Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills.Significant sales achievements in connection with projects, products and/or services.Executive engagement, facilitation, and public speaking techniques and experience.Full understanding of strategic consulting methods, engagement, and best practices to achieve consistent results.Absolute comfort and ability to diplomatically coach, challenge, and extend customers’ thinking to assure full capture of both direct and indirect business benefits of a proposed process and/or EIM improvements / possibilities. Experience with development of business cases that include benefits, ROI Analysis, Total Cost of Ownership and Competitive Analysis, Risk Management, Implementation road map and Business Transformation Strategies.Capable of establishing immutable credibility with customer executives and project teams.Knowledge of enterprise applications and related processes including ERP, CRM, HCM, etc.Minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales / business development or management consulting in the high tech space is preferred. MBA or equivalent work experience expected.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.