Function: Technical Support
Location: Philippines, Makati CityApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Supervises and coordinates the work efforts of the technical support team.
You are great at:
• Overseas technical support personnel with regards to administrative procedures, technical problems, and work priorities.
• Ensures professional and courteous support to customers,
• Keeps management informed of schedules, priorities, and problems.
• Provides inputs to resolution of identified problems.
• Contributes to management responsibilities such as, performance management
• Monitor daily output of team
• Provide developmental feedback to team members
• Enforce company policies (including disciplinary actions)
• Create weekly team status reports
• Create monthly/quarterly plans
• Head implementation of special projects
• Provide input to Team Policy changes
• Be the onsite reference for the team
• Provide backup to the team in cases of unplanned/planned absences
• Collect and consolidate product issues to be escalated to Manager or Sr. Manager
• Inspect team output to ensure accuracy
• Mentor new members of the team
• Provide input to performance of trainees for screening purposes
• Document policy and procedure changes Identify training opportunities for the team
• Responsible in handling customer escalation
• Leads customer relationships with Customers and attend scheduled customer meetings.
• Must have a good of understanding of all GXS products and service offerings within the environment they operate. Expected to maintain technical proficiency and knowledge of company products and continually strive to improve.
What it takes:
• College/University graduate of a technical degree (eg. computer science) preferred; for graduates of non IT related courses, a strong technical aptitude is required.
• Minimum of 5 years related experience with strong experience in leading teams and proven ability in developing members of team.
• Advanced skills in Technical Support
• Knowledge and hands on experience in all facets of the technical support operations to include: automated call distribution, scheduling principles, recruitment, hiring, training and quality monitoring.
• Strong operational & customer support experience with GXS applications, platforms, connectivity, and/or services.
• Strong focus on customer satisfaction, process development and improvement.
• Ability to effectively influence cross-functionally and make decisions.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Willingness to work in a 24x7 environment.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.