Software Support Specialist (Level 2)
ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
We are looking for responsible, technology savvy and trustworthy individuals to join OPENTEXT ECD product Technical Support team. You will perform a variety of professional duties around providing technical support to internal, partner, and external customer contacts.
You are great at:
- Handle support calls and emails from OPENTEXT customers, partners, and internal resources (e.g. consultants)
- Cover Live chat on regular basis by providing quick guidance and assistance in real-time for customer.
- Reproduce and perform in-depth analysis of customer issues to help determine causes, workarounds, and solutions
- Collect diagnostic data and assist in its analysis and trouble shooting.
- Escalate customer issues to OPENTEXT escalation and engineering teams as necessary and ensure fixes and patches are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Provide technical input for external communications
- Form part of a support team to guarantee 24x7x365 support to OPENTEXT customers
- Required to be on-call on a weekly rotational basis, and shift work, holiday coverage will be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Position requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry related experience.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines.
- Problem analysis, customer support skills, and previous work experience in enterprise information systems is desired.
- Must possess excellent research/technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Documentum.
- Experience with Eclipse Java development IDE
- Exposure to network sniffer tools (Fiddler, Charles, Wireshark, etc.).
- 2+ year experience as a technical support engineer.
- May be required to change work patterns as business dictates.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com