Function: Technical Support
Location: Philippines, Makati CityApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The OpenText technical support team is currently searching for a technically dynamic and resourceful individual who has the ability to provide exceptional technical customer support in a challenging and rewarding environment. The incumbent will be joining a team that provides world class technical customer support to a variety of enterprise customers while working across business units to ensure that customer satisfaction is met in every form. Their focus will be supporting complex customer environments, while suggesting techniques and tools for application development.
You are great at:
• Facilitating the resolution of complex technical issues in all areas of assigned Open Text products by analyzing logs researching issues or recreating in house.
• Identifying and report software defects and customer suggestions to appropriate responsible groups.
• Authoring as well as updating articles to contribute to the Products Knowledge Base.
• Representing Open Text and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service in regard to finding resolutions to presented technical problems.
• Keeping the customer updated on the status of reported problems, as well as keeping the ticket tracking system updated with current information on the case.
• Providing suggestions for alternate support options for customer issues that are not related to Open Text’s products.
• Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues.
• Committing to continuous learning in an effort to keep current with industry changes.
• Demonstrating customer focus and empathy.
• Meeting established service delivery guidelines such as customer satisfaction, phone based activities, resolution, schedule adherence, case documentation and case wellness.
• Responsible for efficiently managing the relationship with customers and thoroughly documenting their cases.
• Ability to deal with not only technically complex issues, but with politically charged situations requiring a high level of customer skill.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
What it takes:
• At least 3 years previous experience working within a technical support environment.
• Solid foundation working with Linux/Unix, and scripting. (i.e. RHEL)
• Solid foundation working with Windows Servers (i.e. 2008 / 2012)
• Knowledge of Web Servers and HTML (ie. Tomcat or MS IIS)
• Experience working with relational DBMS, preferably MySQL, MS SQL Server and Oracle.
• Solaris certification would be an asset.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.