Function: Technical Support
Location: Philippines, Makati CityApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Serves as the initial customer contact for questions on usage, functionality and problems encountered with Opentext products
You are great at:
• Responsible for providing technical support to Opentext customers via phone and/or electronic format for various Opentext products, including but not limited to, Messaging, Messaging Applications and Software
• Ability to diagnose and solve customer reported problems ranging from simple to moderately complex issues on functionality, usage and troubleshooting of Opentext products within the established guidelines.
• The Product Support Specialist must be able to effectively communicate a technical solution to a customer who may or may not be EDI savvy and professionally handle high volumes of customer inquiries.
• The Product Support Specialist must be able to deliver the technical solutions to the customer within the set goals for Response Times, Resolution Times, Customer Satisfaction and First Contact Resolution
• Display end to end case ownership, from the time the problem is reported until the resolution is delivered to the customer.
• When necessary, the product support specialist needs to work with internal Opentext teams to satisfy the customer’s needs
• Adhere to the internal business processes set by the leadership team.
• Effectively own and/or coordinate service requests with teams outside level 1 team for complex problems which can no longer be handled in level 1.
• Performs related work as required and works on special projects, as requested
• Mentor and train associate level Product Support Specialists.
• Be the point of contact of the Manila team in the absence of the team’s supervisor and/or manager
• Identify product defects or enhancements and work with the Product Management group for resolution.
What it takes:
• College/University graduate of a technical degree (eg. computer science) preferred; for graduates of non IT related courses, a strong technical aptitude is required.
• At least 3 years of related experience
• Must demonstrate very good problem solving and analytical skills.
• Must demonstrate effective English communication skills and the capability of delivering technical solutions to customers who may or maybe not be EDI savvy
• EDI knowledge preferred
• Must be able to work the night shift, shift rotation, Philippine holidays and on call (when necessary)
• Experience in supporting technical products or services, network application or software preferred (Associate level)
• Experience in supporting technical products or services, network application or software required (Intermediate to Senior level)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.