Function: Technical Support
Location: Philippines, Makati CityApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Opentext is searching for Senior Technical Support Specialist to provide Customer Support for our Financials custom applications and OT Cloud products. The daily activities will be to provide technical support for customers using Opentext applications, assists with new client on boarding to the platform, and client testing support. They will also perform proactive daily/weekly monitoring on a 24x7x365 basis. In addition the resource will be responsible for all incidents, change requests and problem management to all users of applications.
You are great at:
• The Senior Technical Support Specialist will provide first and second level support for Opentext applications, including day to day incident management, problem management and request management as applicable
• Respond immediately to all customer emails and phone calls. Provide periodic updates until Incident has been resolved.
• Responds to alerts generated for any point of failure within the client solution.
• Monitors/troubleshoot custom application and data related issues using SQL, job servers, linux system to ensure all transactions from the customers are received and delivered on time
• Update/Create sql scripts as needed
• Resolves all critical and major events within SLA requirements
• Resolves or engages others to resolve all incidents within SLA
• Oversee the on boarding of new clients through an infrastructure of both internal and external contacts.
• Review and assume responsibility for performance metrics and service level agreements.
• Flexibility in work schedule including rotating, on-call support activities that may at times, involve weekends and holidays.
• Three to five years of demonstrated success performing the responsibilities listed for this role as well as technical experience with commercial software such as Microsoft Office suite
• Financial services, or retail industry experience preferred.
• Communicate directly with international clients and vendors to coordinate client testing and
What it takes:
• Excellent communication skills (required)
• Experience working with UNIX or Linux Operating Systems.(required)
• Strong understanding of at least one major Database: (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MS Access).(required)
• Good level understanding of structure and experience working with at least two Data Formats: (EDI, XML, X12, EDIFACT, Flat File). (nice to have)
• Good level understanding in principles of at least one major Communication Protocol: (Http (AS2), FTPS, SSL, SSH.
• Knowledge in Networking Technologies.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.