Senior Application Support Specialist (Unix and SQL)
ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Will perform a variety of professional duties around providing technical support to internal, partner, and external customer contacts.
You are great at:
support calls and emails from OPENTEXT customers,
partners, and internal resources (e.g. consultants)
Live chat on regular basis by providing quick guidance and assistance in
real-time for customer.
and perform in-depth analysis of customer issues to help determine causes,
workarounds, and solutions
- Collect diagnostic data and
communicates procedural and routine technical issues to internal and external
customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment.
- Identify and interpret interoperability and support matrixes.
- Escalate customer issues to OPENTEXT escalation and engineering teams as
necessary and ensure fixes and patches are delivered to customers in a
closely with OPENTEXT product development
team to ensure quality product delivery, supportability, and maintenance
to be on-call on a weekly rotational basis, and shift work, holiday coverage
will be required
What it takes:
- You must be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work under deadlines.
- Problem analysis, customer support skills, and previous work experience in enterprise information systems is must
- Position prefers a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science,
Engineering, or equivalent industry related experience.
- Pursuing or is established as SME in 2+ identified technical areas.
- Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge with major
- Must possess excellent research/technical and troubleshooting
- Ability to install, configure and maintain one or more relational databases (Oracle, SQL*Server, Sybase, DB2),
- Experience with Documentum.
- Experience with Eclipse Java development IDE
- Exposure to network sniffer tools (Fiddler, Charles, Wireshark, etc.).
- 4+ year experience as a technical support engineer.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org