Location: Philippines, Makati CityApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The mission of Internal Audit is to contribute to the ongoing effectiveness of OpenText Corporation (the "Company") in the accomplishment of its mission and vision. In particular, Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Company's operations and systems of internal controls. Internal Audit provides Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors with an evaluation of the internal controls of the Company. Internal Audit activities will meet or exceed the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
You are great at:
• Performing risk assessment interviews with management on an engagement basis. Translating high priority risks into actionable audit programs.
• Leading specific audits of SOX or financial reporting, operational and regulatory audits, including planning individual audits, performing tests and reporting.
• Supervising or reviewing some tests prepared by analysts.
• Managing engagement performance in accordance with predefined deadlines, reporting progress via the weekly MS project plan
• Independently developing tests for the most complex internal audit assignments.
• Performing and documenting tests, and for less complex tests, must be able to review tests.
• Full scope responsibility for delivery of a complete SOX or Internal audit unit (e.g. one full business cycle, one full location audit, one full functional department) with the guidance and direction of the Management of Internal Audit.
• Planning, performing and reporting a low risk and/or low complexity audit engagement with guidance from audit management.
• Assisting managers in assessment of requirements for staff and making recommendations for sourcing of audit resources, monitoring and supervision.
• Assisting managers in their objectives to interact with management to inform them and obtain their support for the SOX Compliance Program and IA objectives.
• Leading the Audit from the introductory to closing meeting. Ensuring management is kept abreast of audit activities/findings, presenting audit results and recommended actions to management, and determining if appropriate and timely action is being taken for all significant items reported.
• Scoping, identifying risks and recommending design of controls / processes.
• Preparing audit reports and preparing and reviewing working papers that support opinions and recommendations to improve process, system and control deficiencies.
• Documenting your work using Microsoft products as well as OpenText’s SOX Tool (LiveLink™ based document database).
• Managing the update, integrity and currency of the LiveLink tool (documentation of internal controls and tests) for a portion of internal controls.
• Developing and updating risk and control database related to internal audit and controls (Certification)
What it takes:
• Accounting designation such as CA, CPA, CISA, CIA, CMA or CGA (requirement for specific designation may be waived with experience at entry into this position)
• 5 years minimum overall related experience
• Internal Audit experience (ideally 3-5 years)
• Previous SOX experience is highly preferred
• Proficiency in one or more Asian languages is an asset
• Experience in IT audit is an asset
• Good familiarity with the COSO control framework and COBIT
• Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and SEC/SOX/CSA internal control and disclosure requirements
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.