Unix Support Engineer
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANYAs the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The OpenText BI (Business Intelligence product) Technical Analyst team is currently searching for a technically dynamic and resourceful individual who has the ability to provide exceptional technical customer support in a challenging and rewarding environment.
You are great at:
- Representing OpenText acting as first point of contact for all technical inquiries regarding BI and its integration into external environments.
- Utilizing exceptional written and verbal communication skills while supporting customers via telephone or email, while demonstrating a high level of customer focus and empathy
- Meet established service delivery guidelines and key performance indicators that are measured through customer satisfaction surveys, phone based activities, and schedule adherence.
- Show an understanding of the customer environment and product enabling resolution of complex technical issues and providing alternative support options which may not be related to OpenText products directly.
- Act as a key point of contact for customer follow up and incident management, while maintaining ITSM with updates and resolution.
- Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues with a variety of resources including development to document software defects and customer suggestions.
- Contributing to the knowledge base by authoring and editing articles to share current information with team members.
- Using professional/technical knowledge, guided by known practices and established precedents, make decisions within defined parameters to impact schedules and deliverables of the project/function.
- Work under general guidance with results reviewed periodically, seeking approval from others on matters outside of job or role as needed.
What it takes:
- 2 - 5 years previous experience working within a technical support environment
- University/College degree within a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Solid foundation working with Windows OS, and SQL scripting
- Knowledge of Web Servers and HTML (ie. Tomcat or MS IIS)
- Experience working with relational DBMS, preferably MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience with Linux would be an asset.
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer support efficiently with a high focus on first call resolution
- Proven experience working in a fluid environment that is ever growing and changing
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication and commitment
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly and have a thirst for knowledge.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer