Location: Philippines, Makati CityApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a member of Open Text’s Corporate Accounting team, the Manager of Payroll Accounting takes a lead role in ensuring the accuracy of management and operational financial reports in a timely manner. This involves managing a team of 3 accountants with review and approval responsibilities of their work. Works closely with management to promote best practices and to drive process improvements within the department.
You are great at:
• Managing a high performing team
• Reviewing and approving monthly payroll journal entries to record the company expense related to employees into the company GL
• Analyzing month over month and quarter over quarter variances of the relevant payroll accounts, both the balance sheet and P&L, and reporting this analysis to management
• Reviewing and approving balance sheet account reconciliations
• Managing the balance sheet reconciliation process and ensuring they are up to date, easy to understand and that historical items are cleared in a timely manner
• Managing and ensuring compliance with SOX controls
• Working with functional teams within the company in order to identify areas of improvement and to initiate and drive process changes
• Liaising with internal and external auditors as part of the quarter end review process.
• Developing working relationships with cross functional teams
• Completing special projects as required (e.g. new system implementations, acquisition integrations etc.)
What it takes:
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Accountancy
• CPA Required
• Preferably with 8+ years of related experience with solid USGAAP/ accounting knowledge
• Experience managing a high performing team
• Strong understanding of payroll processes is an asset.
• Prior experience with a global organization and foreign exchange is helpful.
• Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, attention to detail and initiative are required.
• Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as a co-operative team member.
• Strong issues resolution skills.
• Proven ability to perform under tight timelines and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literate with high proficiency in MS Office applications - Excel is required.
• Experience in SAP or other major accounting software (Great Plains/ Oracle) is a major asset.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.