Location: Philippines, Makati City
Region: ApjApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Leads a functional RTR team comprised of Senior and intermediate accountants performing basic and advance accounting and bookkeeping activities, such as preparing and posting entries to general ledger, account reconciliations, report preparations, and closing activities. Supports Controllers in understanding accounts movements and resolving any reconciling items, and various data and supporting schedules needed for audit or reporting. Resolves medium to complex issues. Can also be called upon to participate in special projects throughout the year.
You are great at:
• Lead the team in ensuring on-time and quality preparation and completion of various accounting regular tasks such as journal entries, account reconciliations and reports.
• Support the supervisor in reviewing and posting journal entries
• Support the supervisor in reviewing account reconciliations.
• Provides expertise, research, and knowledge on resolving issues and report generations.
• Supports the team to perform analysis on account movements.
• Ensure compliance on statutory requirements
• Support Controllers for audit requests, various reports, and other ad-hoc requirements.
• Serves as primary back-up for Supervisor.
What it takes:
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Accountancy
• CPA Required
• Preferably with at least 5 years of experience in finance or accounting function. Preferably from big 4 audit firm.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision while meeting the critical deadlines
• Ability to identify problem and propose resolution. With RCA/ Six Sigma background would be an advantage.
• Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
• Good documentation and organization skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Adept in MS Excel. Macro function knowledge is an advantage.
• Solid understanding of US GAAP - preferred
• Experience in SAP is required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.