Function: Human Resources
Location: US, MD, Gaithersburg
Region: USApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Focused on driving business success, the HR Business Partner provides HR leadership, strategic and operational, to an assigned geographic client base, to ensure the company achieves its business goals.
The HRBP acts as an internal consultant and HR resource for senior leaders, managers and employees and responds proactively to the unique needs of the geography. Providing proactive HR consulting services in relation to Talent Acquisition and Management; Total Rewards; Employee Relations, Organizational Design and Restructuring as well as Employee Engagement and People Manager/Leadership development. Additionally this includes the identification and resolution of critical issues for the geography and client groups and the implementation of HR policies and practices that align to global HR strategic objectives.
The HRBP reflects the HR needs of the geography to the broader HR organization and will work collaboratively with HR Centre of Expertise to ensure timely delivery of business solutions within the framework of the global HR strategy. The HRBP as a consultant, adds value to discussions with business leaders, making compelling business cases for HR initiatives and offers insights and analysis to the business to aid effective decision making.
The HRBP will additionally support the flawless execution of HR management processes and tools.
The HRBP is a member of business leadership teams and will provide specific confidential counsel and support to senior Executives who lead their function based from the assigned HRBP geography.
You are great at:
• Actively partners with key executives in their geography, demonstrating clear business acumen and an ability to drive for results and get things done. Prioritizes key business needs and drives HR initiatives delivering clear value add
• Applying strategic focus and spends >30% of time on strategic issues such as talent planning, talent management, employee engagement and organizational design efforts. Leads the business through the delivery of key programs in support of strategic goals
• Executing key HR Programs and initiatives in their geography in alignment with global HR and business requirements
• Acting as an employee advocate
What it takes:
• 10-15 Years of Human Resource experience in a generalist capacity
• Clear business acumen, evidencing the use of insights in the business environment to improve talent and business outcomes
• Strong analytic capability can identify and diagnose pressing business challenges, uncover insights to enhance decision making and can align organizational strategy to talent decisions
• Strong financial acumen, competent in understanding financial statements and the overall financial health of OpenText. To be confident to interpret financial metrics and calculate the financial impact of HR decisions. To be capable in building the economics of an HR business case
• Strong stakeholder credibility and network. To be influential in optimizing stakeholder collaboration. To have an ability to present powerful presentations that drive stakeholders to action and be thoughtful in overcoming objections and secure stakeholder agreement to HR recommendations
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act