Location: United Kingdom, LondonApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As Systems Administrator, you are responsible for evaluating, planning, and configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting secure computer environments. These responsibilities are generally associated with multiple function tasks of medium to large / high size, scope and complexity.
You will be providing support for opentext’s cloud based messaging platforms with a focus on application support for services running on Solaris, and Linux based systems. Application support includes all internet facing services, to telephony edge based services, to document translation subsystems and internally developed custom applications.
You are great at:
• Perform the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
• Administration of Internet facing services (HTTP, FTP, SSL, SOAP, XML/API, SMTP, DNS, TLS, Web Services, etc)
• Monitor performance and apply corrective action to ensure optimal performance.
• Write and maintain systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
• Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues, interfacing with others as required.
• Stay informed on changes in technology and within the computer industry and keep current on security protocols, applicable laws and regulations.
• On Call responsibilities and regular attendance of scheduled off-hours site/platform maintenance on weekends every 6 weeks or as needed
What it takes:
• Previous experience in UNIX (Solaris) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration.
• Hands on administration of Internet facing services such as SMTP (Sendmail, Qmail & Message Systems), FTP, HTTP, SSL, JBoss, Apache, SOAP, and Web Services.
• Prior experience in deploying and installing third party and proprietary applications on Solaris, Linux and ideally Windows operating systems.
• Experience in Windows Server & VMware ESXi administration and system/network security would be a plus.
• Demonstrated proficiency in systems administration from coordination through implementation to maintenance through proactive monitoring.
• Working knowledge and experience with: Operating platform(s) and administration, Data storage and communication, Hardware and software platform configurations, Networking and network administration, Security, Active directory services and concepts, and Virtualization.
• Established technical problem solving and critical thinking skills, including the ability to think creatively to find solutions.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.