OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The Opportunity:
The Systems Administrator performs duties to produce quality deliverables associated with systems administration. Specifically, this position is responsible for evaluating, planning, and configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting secure computer environments. Those responsibilities are generally associated with multiple function tasks of medium to large / high size, scope and complexity. You are great at:
Perform the planning, coordination and execution of software installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
• Provide Application support for SAAS applications running on Windows, Linux and VMware platforms.
• Write and maintain systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
• Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues, interfacing with others as required.
• Stay informed on changes in technology and within the computer industry and keep current on security protocols, applicable laws and regulations.
• Use established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks and keep work and data center environments clean, secure and well-maintained.
• Manage work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keep management and project managers informed of issues and status.
• Recommend and evaluate new and more effective approaches to system administration, including procedural changes, future software needs and tools to enhance productivity.
• Participate on special project teams for development or corporate initiatives as such projects arise.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment.and Participate in On Call responsibilities.
What it takes:
• Work with other departments and outside vendors to design and seamlessly implement any production change required.
• All work needs to be done ensuring no customer impact, or the smallest impact possible given the constraints of the implementation, to the overall production system.
• Perform any customer-impacting work during production off-hours or weekends.
• Provide 24/7 ‘tier3’ support of specific production system section and participate in a 24x7 on call schedule.
• Provide documentation for all new design implementations engineered from within the group or assist in documentation for projects jointly engineered with other departments.
• Schedule production changes with other departments and complete the work within the allotted windows.
• Manage tickets to meet or exceed metrics.
• Remediate all security threats promptly and maintain consistency across data centers.
• Develop and maintain production server documentation.
• Expert knowledge of Linux operating systems and working exclusively through CLIs.
• Strong skills in Windows 2008, 2012, and Active Directory. Knowledge of ADFS is preferred.
• Strong skills in NFS, CIFS, DNS, and basic network routing concepts.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams.
• Working knowledge of BOSH, an open-source cloud orchestration tool used to manage Cloud Foundry.
• Working knowledge of PostgreSQL databases and SQL statements.
• Experience with cloud platforms (vCloud Director, AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience managing VMs and maintaining high availability through vSphere vCenter.
• Experience maintaining enterprise hardware (Cisco UCS blades, SAN storage, etc.)
• Experience with automation frameworks and configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Salt, or equivalent.
• Experience with automating tasks through scripting (shell scripts, Windows PowerShell, vSphere PowerCLI, etc.)
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work load and tasks to effectively meet established deadlines.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and self-motivated to learn.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.