Location: United Kingdom, LondonApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
What it takes:
• 5-7 years of experience in UNIX (Solaris) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration.
• 3-5 years hands on administration of SMTP (Sendmail, Qmail & Message Systems), FTP, HTTP, SSL, JBoss, Apache, SOAP, and Web Services.
• 3-5 years of experience in deploying and installing packages on Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems.
• 3-5 years of Domain Name Service Administration Bind 9.x on UNIX hosts.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience. Equivalent work related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Demonstrated proficiency in systems administration from coordination through implementation to maintenance through proactive monitoring.
• Proven skills to handle progressively complex system administration.
• Working knowledge and experience with: Operating platform(s) and administration, Data storage and communication, Hardware and software platform configurations, Networking and network administration, Security, Active directory services and concepts, and Virtualization.
• Experience in Windows Server & VMware ESXi administration would be a plus.
• System/network security related experience would be a plus.
• Established technical problem solving and critical thinking skills, including the ability to think creatively to find solutions.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment.
• Ability to work well under stressful situations.
• Written, verbal and listening communication skills to write documentation and communicate with managers, customers and colleagues.
• Coordination, organization and teaming skills.
• Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with project timelines.
• Ability to see the big picture and quickly grasp and apply technical concepts.
• Ability to multitask and respond to priority issues effectively.
• Must be self-motivating and capable of working both independently and as part of a team.